Our mission: to mobilize community partners to create equitable choices that support healthy eating, active lifestyles, and smoke-free living.
We are committed to ensuring equitable access to healthy options for all King County residents.
We acknowledge the disparities within current health care initiatives and services. How do we work to develop equity?
- Partnerships – Encourage strategic and non-traditional partnerships with community organizations, nonprofits and other providers to bridge existing resources and further healthy communities.
- Access – Work with service providers to expand access to healthy living options and improve health care quality.
- Community Engagement – Build the capacity of communities to engage stakeholders in promoting equitable choices that support healthy eating, lifestyles and smoke-free living.
- Equity – Take a developmental and intergenerational approach to sustainable health equity by applying race and social justice principles in a policy, systems and environmental change efforts.
- Education – To provide information and instruction on the determinants of equity by which people live, work and play that are necessary for healthy communities to thrive.